It has been over 30 years since we first opened our doors and began to make our mark on the world of manufacturing. In fact, our business can trace its roots back since long before we started designing and building gas struts and dampers.
We’re proud that our solutions are versatile and enduring enough to have been utilised in a wide variety of industries from operating tables to airplanes, the sky really is the limit.
Our origins date back to when we began with our work in the aerospace sector, all the way through to automotive and beyond. Having been handed over ownership by various multi-national corporations has meant that we have acquired a wealth of valuable knowledge and experience in some of the world’s most demanding industries.
For example, we were one of the pioneers of the BS5750 quality standard and our commitment to quality as a mainstay of our business remains as much of a priority now as when we first set out on this journey. Interested in a more detailed look into our heritage? Keep reading.
- 1979 – The Rexnord Corporation established the site at 15 New Star Road to manufacture Camloc quarter turn fasteners
- 1987 – The Fairchild Corporation acquired the Camloc business from Rexnord
- 1989 – Looking to grow the portfolio, Fairchild acquires the Gas Spring Company, and brings the manufacture of gas spring products from Bedford to Leicester
- 2000 – Arvin Industries Inc purchases the Camloc Gas Springs business to create Arvin Motion Control Limited
- 2002 – Arvin Inc. merges with Meritor Inc creating Arvin Meritor Motion Control Limited
- 2011 – Meritor sells Camloc Gas Springs to a private American investor and becomes Camloc Motion Control Limited
- 2016 – A management buy-out by Julie Barker and Matt Warne sees Camloc become a British owned business for first time in the company’s history
Both our products and our relationships with our customers and distributors stand the test of time and are an essential part of our history and what makes Camloc a trusted manufacturer for many industries.
Our clients both UK based and international return to us again and again because of our ambitious standards and the fact that we work with you to get your project moving.
With over 30 years behind us and many chapters in our history completed, we’re excited to see what the next 30 years bring for Camloc Motion Control.
Interested in working with us, get in touch with our friendly team today to find out more.