Whether you need a gas strut for a medical bed or an aeroplane, Camloc can help and our team of experts are here to support you at every stage of the design and manufacturing process. If you work with us, we’ll always go above and beyond to help you so if you have 100 questions, fire away.
“At Camloc Motion Control, we take immense pride in helping our customers at whatever stage they are at in their project. We often have clients coming to us when they’ve hit an obstacle in their engineering journey but our team of engineers are great problem solvers and we like to get stuck in and do the best work for our customers,” Matt Warne, Joint Managing Director and Co-owner at Camloc Motion Control Limited.
Here’s a quick introduction to each of our gas struts
1) Fixed Force Compression Gas Struts – Our most popular compression gas strut is the fixed force ‘Swift and Sure’ range. It is an extremely versatile product offering a solution for a range of engineering situations. This gas strut is available in both carbon and stainless steel, in an extensive range of sizes, and end fittings for a wide variety of applications.
2) Adjustable Force Gas Strut – Our adjustable force gas strut- Vari-Lift can be set to meet your exact requirements in a wide range of situations. The key benefit of this type of gas strut is that the force adjustments can be made with the gas strut fitted to the application, saving you both time and effort.
3) Fixed Force Stainless Steel Compression Gas Struts – Our most popular gas strut – the ‘Swift and Sure’ – is also available in stainless steel. This makes them ideally suited for use in harsh environments, such as access doors to offshore wind turbines, marine engine covers, doors, hatches, plus applications requiring high levels of cleanliness like the food, pharmaceutical and medical industries.
4) Safety Locking Gas Strut with Shroud – Our safety shroud gas struts eliminate the need for separate safety rods. They positively lock when fully extended, protecting the operator from potential injury in the event of overload or misuse. The shroud must be actively pressed to release the lock and ensures safety.
5) Friction Locking Compression Gas Struts – Our Stop and Stay, and Stop and Stay+ products, counterbalance the weight of the application over the full stroke of the gas strut enabling precise, multi‐position positioning at all times. Unlike a standard gas strut, when correctly set it will not move the application, but simply support it in position. This gives the user total control over the position of the object being moved at all times.
6) Locking Gas Struts – Our range of locking gas struts perform like conventional gas struts, with the addition of a special internal locking valve that allows the strut to be stopped in any position. Common applications for our locking gas struts include height and angle adjustment of seats on aircraft, buses, trains, specialist vehicles and on military vehicle seating.
We have a gas strut for every project you can imagine. Don’t believe us? Just get in touch with us today to speak to one of our talented engineers.
What to do now
We can help you with all your manufacturing and engineering needs, if you can’t see what you’re looking for on our website, don’t worry, we will still be able to do it. Just give us a call or send us an email with your brief or requirements, and we will get your project moving.