What does the telescopic multi-positional cam-stay do?
The cam-stay is a manually operated telescopic multi-positional stay designed to support up to 135kg. With fixed holding positions it provides quick and steady positioning for your project.
It is a great, cost-effective alternative to a gas strut where positional control is required and the mass of the item being held is low. Ideally suited for a wide range of applications where a weight must be held or supported at various angles.
How does the telescopic multi-positional cam-stay work?
All you have to do is extend the arm until it securely locks into the desired position. When it’s time to close, it’s a slightly different process depending on the model.
For the basic models, fully extend the stay before returning it to the closed position. This straightforward method ensures a secure and reliable closure. On the other hand, the reversible model requires a slight extension before closing. This design allows for convenience and ease of use while still ensuring a secure closure. With the telescopic multi-positional cam-stay, achieving precise positioning and reliable closure is effortless.
Will it work for my requirements?
At Camloc, we offer a bespoke service where we treat every project individually, and our team of experienced designers and engineers will work with you to provide gas spring solutions that will exceed your expectations.
For more information about our range of motion control solutions, visit our products page today.
If you want to speak to a member of our team, call us on +44 (0)116 274 3600 or fill in the Contact Us form and we will get back to you.
What sizes do you offer?
The telescopic multi-positional cam-stay comes in three versions:
- Basic with 5 locking positions
- Basic with 10 locking positions
- Reversible with 6 locking positions
What options are available?
Discover the versatility of our telescopic multi-positional cam-stays, designed to make your mounting process simple. Our cam-stays are universally compatible, meaning they can be mounted with the holding slots facing up or down. Mounting them to your application is straightforward and can be done either directly through the holes or by using mounting brackets, providing you with flexible options.
Let’s explore the two types of cam-stays we offer:
- Basic – To operate the basic cam-stay, simply extend the arm slightly from its closed state until it locks into the desired holding position. When it comes time to close the unit, fully extend the stay before returning it to the closed position. The basic cam-stay is available with either 5 or 10 holding positions, ensuring you have options to suit your specific needs.
- Reversible – Operating the reversible cam-stay is equally simple. Extend the arm from its closed position until it locks into your desired holding position. Unlike the basic model, the reversible cam-stay can be closed between any holding positions. It does not require full extension before closing. To close the stay, simply extend it slightly out of its current holding position and close it securely. The reversible cam-stay comes with 6 holding positions, providing you with even more flexibility.
Rest assured, all of our telescopic multi-positional cam-stays are universal and can be mounted with the holding slots mounted up or down. Experience the convenience and reliability of our cam-stays, brought to you by Camloc – the trusted industry leader in gas spring and damper solutions.
If you have any further questions or require assistance, our knowledgeable team is standing by to help.
How does Camloc operate?
We are firm believers that continuous investment in our staff and the latest hardware keeps us at the forefront of our industry. Working in this way ensures that we continuously adopt the latest manufacturing processes from our facility, and we successfully problem solve for our customers. We continue to enhance and evolve our production processes using lean manufacturing methods, something we have been doing since 2001.
We deliver high-quality products that support a wide range of industry sectors, across the UK, USA, Europe and around the world.
Get in touch via our Contact Form or call us on +44 (0)116 274 3600
To access more information on installing, maintaining and technical data about gas spring, damper and motion control solutions – head to our Help Centre.